Fortinet Security Fabric supports these use cases for Google Cloud Platform security:
Cloud Services Hub
Organizations leverage the elasticity, availability and scalability of GCP to centralize security services into an autonomous services hub serving a variety of business needs.
- All sites, clouds and departments connect to services hub
- Multi-layered security offered from the cloud
- Security services scale as needed (resources used on demand)
- Cloud security management infrastructure is globally available and scalable
Remote Access VPN
Organizations leverage the global presence of GCP infrastructures to uniformly provide remote access to their employees and partners
- Users connect to any organizational resources via cloud SSL VPN Termination points
- SaaS Application Access is brokered by FortiCASB
- SSL VPN Termination points available worldwide on demand
- SSL Termination points connect to other clouds, datacenters or locations over IPSec VPN tunnels
Organizations leverage GCP as an additional infrastructure to develop and deliver IT solutions to their business alongside with their private datacenters.
- IPSec tunnel across datacenters and clouds
- Interoperable with GCP Cloud VPN Gateway
- Consistent security policies across infrastructures
- Central management across clouds with management HA
Advanced Web Application Protection
Increased confidence for organizations to deploy sensitive web applications over GCP. Supports the ability to comply with regulation and patch applications on the fly.
- FortiGate advanced threat protection in conjunction with FortiWeb
- Potential Integration with FortiSandbox Cloud
- Central Management via FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer
Security Management from the Cloud
Organization can leverage cloud provider global availability and googles global network to deploy security management across multiple cloud regions and leverage cloud storage for logs.
- Cloud based management to manage global information security infrastructure
- Single point to view worldwide security events and take action
- Security management is always close to the manager