Options Selects Fortinet to Deliver High-Performance Security at Scale to Global Financial Services Clients
John Bryant, chief technology officer, Options
"Part of what sets Options apart from the competition is our ability to blend security, compliance and engineering best practices with the latest advances in cloud and mobile technology. We needed a solution that could provide exemplary protection combined with the speed and throughput necessary to transparently support the functionality we were planning, and Fortinet delivered. The addition of Fortinet products to Options’ IaaS solutions gives us the security, control and performance that we need to stay ahead of the competition."
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cyber security solutions, today announced that Options, the leading managed service and IT infrastructure provider to the global capital markets, has selected Fortinet solutions to ensure high-performance security at scale for its most demanding environments.
- Options was the first provider in the industry to offer cloud services for customers in global financial services markets and has developed a secure, scalable enterprise platform based on leading edge technologies.
- Fortinet FortiGate and FortiMail were selected by Options as they ensure an integrated, highly automated, and intelligent security solution that can handle the massive activity spikes for Options’ clients at high levels of performance.
Fortinet Delivers Security Control and Performance for Options’ Dynamic Environments
A key provider of infrastructure as a service (IaaS) to financial organizations, Options is subjected to the constant scrutiny of multiple industry and governmental bodies to ensure compliance with numerous standards and requirements. As such, its security infrastructure must be capable of handling massive activity spikes and still deliver at high levels of performance.
As part of an expansion of Options’ IaaS solutions, they turned to Fortinet to enhance the capabilities of their integrated security measures. Options implemented a variety of Fortinet solutions to meet the breadth of security demands for their internal resources as well as those of their clients:
- Options deployed a range of FortiGate Enterprise Firewalls to address both its most demanding, performance-sensitive locations, such as Internet-facing services, as well as its non-data center projects, including VPN-enabled home networks, web filtering and WiFi integration.
- FortiGate enterprise firewalls reduce latency and risk of data breaches for Options, while enhancing control and visibility over all network security capabilities with one intuitive operating system. Additionally, the significantly higher throughput of FortiGate enterprise firewalls boosts the speed of business for Options and its clients.
- Since implementing the FortiGate units, Options has seen a significant decrease in the number of false-positive incidents as they relate to intrusion prevention and intrusion defense systems.
- To increase protection against email-based inbound attacks, outbound threats and data loss, Options selected FortiMail, a proven email security platform purpose-built for the most demanding messaging systems for protection against spam, malware and other message-borne threats.
“Network security for financial services organizations is by default more complex, given the regulatory and compliance mandates, not to mention the high monetary and reputational cost of a breach. In many cases, financial services networks have been deemed critical infrastructure by national governments, putting even more pressure on their security posture. These organizations require a high performance Security Fabric that can span across their infrastructure and automatically scale with rapid transactions and evolving requirements. Options turned to Fortinet because they needed proven protection combined with the performance and scale necessary to support the enhanced functionality that it provides through its cloud services.”
- Araldo Menegon, global managing director, Financial Services, Fortinet
- Case Study: Security and Performance Drive Financial Services Clients to Choose Options
- Fortinet Solutions for the Financial Services Industry
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Join the conversation on the Fortinet blog
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. More than 270,000 customers worldwide trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2016 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCare, FortiCloud, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.