Network Security Expert Program
NSE 4 – Network Security Professional
The NSE 4 – Network Security Professional designation recognizes the ability to install and manage the day-to-day configuration, monitoring, and operation of a FortiGate device to support specific corporate network security policies.
NSE 4 certification based on FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure courses are highly recommended to prepare candidates for the Fortinet NSE 4 to FortiOS 6.0 exam.
Exam code: NSE4_FGT-6.0
You must pass the NSE 4 exam at a Pearson VUE test center.
To prepare for the current exam, we highly recommend that you take the FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure courses.
Who Should Attempt NSE 4?
Network and security professionals involved in the day-to-day management, implementation, and administration of a security infrastructure using FortiGate devices
NSE 4 certification is achieved upon passing the NSE 4 exam. NSE 4 certification is valid for 2 years.
- Candidates can renew their NSE 4 certification by taking the current NSE 4 exam at a Pearson VUE center.
- Obtaining NSE 7 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 4 certification, if their NSE 4 certification has not expired.
- Obtaining NSE 8 certification automatically renews a candidate’s NSE 4 certification, even if their NSE 4 certification has expired.
About the NSE 4 Exams
- Language: English and Japanese
- Available at: Pearson VUE Test Centers worldwide
- Number of items on FortiOS 6.0 exam: 70
- Time allowed to complete: 120 minutes total test time
- Scoring Method: Answers must be 100% correct for credit; there is no partial credit given. There are no deductions for incorrect answers
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice, Multiple Select
- Time required between attempts: 15 days
- Transcript and Certificate: Upon passing the exam, your Fortinet NSE Institute transcript will be updated within five business days and you will be able to download a printable certificate from the NSE Institute
How to Enroll in NSE 4 Certification Training
To enroll in the NSE 4 courses, candidates must have an account on the NSE Institute. If the candidate is a partner, they must enter through the partner portal.
Partners, customers, and employees must access the NSE Institute through the portals listed above to receive credit towards their standing with Fortinet. Candidates must use their company email address to register.