Supporting Automation and Saving $100M at One of the World’s Largest Financial Institutions
One of the world’s largest financial institutions, which is headquartered in the U.S., sought to replace its global firewall infrastructure. The project was undertaken partly to support a massive automation initiative that is underway. Even before the automation project, the incumbent firewalls were having problems scaling to the company’s massive centralized network. Fortinet was invited to participate in a request for proposals, and passed an exhaustive proof of concept.
Scalability was a big concern for the company, as was the ability to integrate with the team’s chosen automation platform—Red Hat Ansible. Fortinet’s robust representational state transfer (REST) API enabled a deeper and more robust Ansible integration than other solutions that were considered, and FortiGate next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) delivered superior performance and scalability. Additionally, the Fortinet team was very responsive to requests for support and new features. An internal analysis projects $100 million in cost savings and efficiency gains in five years from deployment of FortiGate next-generation firewalls (NGFWs).
Learn more about this company’s journey by reading the case study, which details the careful vetting process by which Fortinet was chosen.
- Projected $100 million in cost savings and productivity improvements over 5 years
- Increased hardware-based firewall resiliency without adding staff
- Significant savings and speed advantages in staging charges for hardware via automated provisioning
- Ability to configure next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) in 3- and 4-node clusters improves efficiency and reduces risk
- Passed all scalability test for one of the world’s largest connected networks
- Reduced risk by ensuring that all security updates can be completed within change windows