Comunicados à imprensa
Fortinet Positioned Furthest for Completeness of Vision in the Challengers Quadrant of Gartner’s First Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure
John Maddison, SVP of products and solutions at Fortinet
“SD-WAN plays a pivotal role in realizing the true benefits of digital transformation, but security is often an afterthought. Fortinet has developed best-of-breed SD-WAN functionality fully integrated with best-of-breed security, making it an obvious choice for customers demanding both. In fact, SD-WAN functionality is built in to every Fortinet NGFW/UTM Firewall as part of the baseline operating system. Organizations will increasingly look to SD-WAN to provide high-performance cloud access as a business-critical requirement. The direct cloud access, application performance and industry-leading security provided by Fortinet SD-WAN is resonating with our customers and we believe this is a key reason Fortinet is winning major WAN edge opportunities.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced their inclusion in Gartner’s first Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure as a Challenger with the furthest placement for completeness of vision in the Challengers quadrant. Fortinet believes this placement is largely due to its commitment to developing advanced SD-WAN functionality blended with a fully integrated security strategy and its focus on automation to simplify networking and security operations for enterprise organizations.
Digital transformation is dramatically changing enterprise WAN connectivity. Rapid adoption of cloud demands enterprise branches to be more agile, flexible and secure, while organizations are also experiencing growth in global collaboration and traffic volumes. As a result, many enterprises are embracing SD-WAN as an alternative over their legacy WAN infrastructure solutions. SD-WAN offers important benefits associated with new digital business requirements such as direct cloud access, better application performance, increased agility and lower costs. But it also comes with security challenges, as traffic is no longer routed through the corporate data center and protected by next-generation firewalls. To address these challenges while providing leading SD-WAN functionality, Fortinet SD-WAN provides a number of benefits, including:
- Built-in Advanced SD-WAN Functionality: FortiGate Next-Generation Firewalls all include built-in SD-WAN functionality combined with enterprise-class security. For Fortinet’s 300,000+ existing customers, a total of over three million devices currently deployed can be made SD-WAN-ready with just a software upgrade.
- Leader in Next-Generation Firewall Security: Fortinet SD-WAN, which is integrated into the FortiGate next-gen firewall, offers branches the ability to inspect SSL traffic for malware and detect malware attacks using URL filtering, IPS, antivirus and sandboxing. Gartner has also recognized Fortinet as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls.
- Automation with Business Intent: Fortinet SD-WAN enables enterprises to translate high-level business policies into application and user-level policies. Automation is tied into the solution, all the way from dynamically choosing the best WAN path to orchestration and provisioning using REST APIs. In this case, with the help of automation, Fortinet enables enterprises to increase team productivity—something that is critical during an era of acute cybersecurity skills shortages.
- Single-Pane-of-Glass for SD-Branch: Fortinet is one of the few vendors that can manage both networking and security from a centralized location. Fortinet further simplifies branch office management by providing the capability to manage WLAN and Ethernet switches to enable SD-Branch.
To deliver even more security efficacy, Fortinet’s SD-WAN solution is integrated into the Fortinet Security Fabric. The hallmark of the Security Fabric is its ability to seamlessly integrate across multiple networked ecosystems to deliver broad protection and visibility to every network segment, device and appliance, whether virtual, in the cloud or on-premises. With more than 360,000 customers worldwide, and an install base of three million devices that can be made SD-WAN-ready with just a software upgrade, the FortiGate NGFW’s high VPN scalability, patented virtual domain functionality for multi-tenancy, zero-touch provisioning and centralized management greatly help enterprises with scalable and flexible WAN deployments.
- Access a complimentary copy of the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure.
- Read our blog to learn more about Fortinet’s SD-WAN offering and this year’s Gartner WAN Edge results.
- Learn more about Fortinet’s SD-WAN solution on the product page.
- Sign up for the weekly FortiGuard Threat Intelligence Briefs.
- Read more about our Network Security Expert program, Network Security Academy program or our FortiVets program.
- Read more about the Fortinet Security Fabric or the Third Generation of Network Security.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
Sources: Gartner, Magic Quadrant for WAN Edge Infrastructure, Joe Skorupa, Andrew Lerner, Christian Canales, Mike Toussaint, 18 October 2018. Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls, Adam Hils | Jeremy D'Hoinne | Rajpreet Kaur, 04 October 2018.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 360,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2018 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and common law trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiCare, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiSIEM, FortiSandbox, FortiWiFi, FortiAP, FortiSwitch, FortiWeb, FortiADC, FortiWAN, and FortiCloud. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, contract, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet or any indication of intent related to a binding commitment, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases among others. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.