Fortinet Establishes New European Cloud Data Center
SUNNYVALE, Calif., October 17, 2016
Michael Xie, founder, president and chief technology officer at Fortinet
“Competing in today’s digital economy requires businesses of all sizes to be agile, lean and scalable at a global level which is why so many look at cloud-based services. However, concerns about data security and privacy can often be perceived as a barrier to the adoption of such services. Fortinet built our new European cloud data center to eliminate these barriers and enable European business to adopt security solutions delivered from the cloud in the EU and enable their growth. Thousands of customers trust in Fortinet to deliver their security from the cloud everyday.”
Fortinet® (NASDAQ: FTNT), the global leader in high-performance cybersecurity solutions, today announced the opening of their new FortiCloud European data center based in Germany. Fortinet’s new cloud data center enables European customers to leverage the broadest and most mature portfolio of hosted cybersecurity services in the market, with the confidence that their private data remains within European borders.
- Fortinet’s European cloud data center address privacy concerns and reduces compliance burdens, enabling enterprises in the EU to adopt cloud-based security solutions and realize the superior protections of the Fortinet Security Fabric.
- The European cloud data center further extends regional support for Fortinet’s extensive security solutions with higher performance, scalability, flexibility and simplicity.
- Fortinet is a global leader in Network Security and the #1 security vendor in four countries across Europe, according to IDC’s latest security appliance tracker.
Global Security, Local Data Privacy
Defending an organization against today’s increasingly sophisticated and exponentially expanding threat landscape requires an integrated, collaborative and adaptive cybersecurity response. Fortinet’s Security Fabric vision is changing the way businesses think about their security, delivering an integrated security architecture that scales to cover the entire organization and across attack vectors.
- This new data center gives European customers ability to implement the advanced protections of the Fortinet Security Fabric with the flexibility to select the deployment models that best fit business goals. IT teams can realize the operational efficiencies of cloud services and leverage Fortinet’s industry leading FortiCloud and FortiSandbox Cloud SaaS offerings with the assurance that their private data never leaves the region.
Fortinet’s FortiCloud and FortiSandbox Cloud solutions hosted in the European data center are available now.
- FortiCloud analytics, log retention and provisioning services unify deployment, configuration and visibility across FortiGate, FortiWIFI and FortiAP security devices to protect organizations from IoT to the Cloud, with the Fortinet Security Fabric.
- FortiGuard FortiSandbox Cloud Service offers proactive detection and mitigation of today’s most advanced, persistent and targeted attacks using real-time threat intelligence that proactively adapts defenses across the Security Fabric.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter and LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Join the conversation on the Fortinet blog.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks #1 in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 280,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses. Learn more at https://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog, or FortiGuard Labs.
Copyright © 2016 Fortinet, Inc. All rights reserved. The symbols ® and ™ denote respectively federally registered trademarks and unregistered trademarks of Fortinet, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates. Fortinet's trademarks include, but are not limited to, the following: Fortinet, FortiGate, FortiGuard, FortiManager, FortiMail, FortiClient, FortiCloud, FortiCare, FortiAnalyzer, FortiReporter, FortiOS, FortiASIC, FortiWiFi, FortiSwitch, FortiVoIP, FortiBIOS, FortiLog, FortiResponse, FortiCarrier, FortiScan, FortiAP, FortiDB, FortiVoice and FortiWeb. Other trademarks belong to their respective owners. Fortinet has not independently verified statements or certifications herein attributed to third parties and Fortinet does not independently endorse such statements. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, nothing herein constitutes a warranty, guarantee, binding specification or other binding commitment by Fortinet, and performance and other specification information herein may be unique to certain environments. This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve uncertainties and assumptions, such as statements regarding technology releases. Changes of circumstances, product release delays, or other risks as stated in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, located at www.sec.gov, may cause results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in this press release. If the uncertainties materialize or the assumptions prove incorrect, results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Fortinet assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements, and expressly disclaims any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.