Technical Training Courses
The Threat Landscape
NSE 1 is the entry-level designation of the Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE) program. It is intended to provide a basic understanding of today’s threat landscape.
NSE 1 is available to anyone who wants to learn about the threat landscape and network security. It also provides a foundation for learning about Fortinet solutions in NSE 2. Fortinet sales associates, pre-sales associates, and associates of Fortinet partners are required to complete NSE1 to progress to the next level of the program.
- The Bad Actors
- CIO Perspectives
- CISO Perspectives
- CFO Perspectives
- Personal Security Awareness
- Key Cybersecurity Terms – Attack Surface
After completing NSE 1, candidates will have a general understanding of the following:
- Who is behind these attacks
- The motives of the attackers
- How some attacks are carried out
- How attacks impact C-level executives
- Key strategies to remain safe on the Internet
- Key cybersecurity terms
Who Should Attend
NSE 1 is open to anyone who wants to learn about the threat landscape and network security.
All Fortinet employees are encouraged to obtain NSE 1 certification as well NSE 2 and NSE 3 certification.
A basic understanding of computer networks in medium-to-large businesses.
- A high-speed Internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- Speakers or headphones
- One of the following:
- HTML 5 support
- An up-to-date Flash runtime environment
Wired Ethernet connection (not Wi-Fi) recommended. Firewalls including Windows Firewall or FortiClient must allow connections with the online labs.
Candidates must complete all lessons in NSE 1 to obtain NSE 1 certification.
NSE 1 certification is valid for two years from the date of completion.