You are here
FortiGuard® Vulnerability Management Service
The FortiGuard Vulnerability Management (VM) Service enables organizations to minimize the risk of vulnerabilities by quickly discovering vulnerabilities, measuring the potential risk, and then providing the information necessary to mitigate those risks. Additionally, a compliance reporting function provides organizations with actionable reports that can identify areas for remediation. These policies are continuously updated to ensure OS regulatory compliance requirements are met and releases are delivered via the FortiGuard global distribution network.
FortiGuard® Vulnerablity Management Service Benefits
- Asset prioritization allows network security managers to focus on the items that will most effectively reduce risk on critical systems.
- Scan reports provide a link to an existing FortiOS IPS signature and a solution (whenever possible).
- Vulnerability signatures are automatically retrieved and applied to scan definitions.
- Device-based licensing eliminates per-user fees to significantly lower entry cost and ongoing maintenance costs.
- Hundreds of compliance policies are ready to use "out of the box" with regular FortiGuard updates.
- Compliance exposures are quickly identified on hosts, servers and throughout the network transparently to end-users.
- Reduced errors, repeatable processes, and predictable results are delivered with extensive libraries of templates that enable IT staff to leverage industry standard best practices that produce measurable results.