You are here
Anatomy of a Botnet Report
One of the greatest challenges in Internet security today is how to contain the global scourge that is the botnet. Botnet authors and their criminal organizations are continuously developing innovative ways to recruit new victims into their networks and monetize them.
- Part of the difficulty in combating botnets is the lack of understanding around the following questions:
- Who are the people behind them?
- Why are they so prevalent, and what motives are behind their use?
- How do attackers create and deploy a botnet infrastructure?
- How to determine if a system is already part of a botnet?
This paper will answer those questions, as well as what is being done to combat them today.