You are here
Secure Wi-Fi Gateways - FortiWiFi
The FortiWiFi series are compact standalone gateway appliances that combine in one platform, a full-featured wireless access point, LAN switch and an entry-level FortiGate equipped with WAN ports and the same security and WLAN functionality featured in all FortiGate models.
Designed for branch offices and small businesses a single FortiWiFi appliance provides everything from wired and wireless access, WAN connectivity and guest portal to complete threat protection. If an extended coverage area is needed, FortiWiFi appliances can support up to 32 additional FortiAP access points. FortiWiFi appliances are managed through FortiManager and may be part of a larger controller-managed network comprising FortiGate and FortiAP access points.
FortiWiFi also makes an ideal entry-level Wi-Fi solution for Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) targeting SMBs. With one device they can cover network access and security requirements in one fell swoop, and the MSSPs can manage their clients’ networks through their own private cloud using the multi-tier, multi-tenant FortiPrivateCloud platform.
- One-box solution: Fully integrated WLAN, LAN, WAN and security in one platform
- WAN optimization: Protocol optimization, caching, and SSL offload reduce latency and network load
- Easy coverage extension: Can extend coverage area with addition of FortiAP access points
- Zero-touch deployment: Plug and go discovery mechanism simplifies deployment in remote sites
- Advanced Threat Protection: Firewall, Application Control, IPS, VPN, DLP and Web Filtering
- Easy Policy Assignment: Apply security policies (Firewall, IPS, A/V scanning etc) to SSID, user or device
- Superior Visibility: End-to-end session level visibility of client behavior and security treatment