You are here
Ethernet Access and Data Center Switches - FortiSwitch
FortiSwitch Ethernet Access and Data Center Switches are a feature-rich yet cost effective range of devices, supporting the needs of enterprise campus and branch offices, as well as data center environments.
The FortiSwitch Secure Access Switch series integrates directly into the FortiGate Connected UTM, with switch administration and access port security managed from the familiar FortiGate interface. Regardless of how users and devices connect to the network, you have complete visibility and control over your network security and access through this single pane of glass, perfectly suited to threat-conscious organizations of any size.
Virtualization and cloud computing have created dense high-bandwidth Ethernet networking requirements in the data center, pushing the limits of existing data center switching. FortiSwitch Data Center switches meet these challenges by providing a high performance 10 or 40 GbE capable switching platform, with a low Total Cost of Ownership. Ideal for Top of Rack server or firewall aggregation applications, as well as enterprise network core or distribution deployments, these switches are purpose-built to meet needs of today’s bandwidth intensive environments.
- Wide Range of Models – With 1 GbE, 10 GbE and 40 GbE models, as well as Power over Ethernet options, there is a FortiSwitch to suit any deployment scenario.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) – Simplifies the installation of PoE equipment in the network, eliminating the need for the installation of additional power sockets to support APs and VOIP handsets.
- Flexible management – Various management capabilities are available including CLI, Web or directly from a connected FortiGate GUI.
- Network Segmentation Support – You can configure a single physical switch to support the convergence of voice, data and wireless traffic, while still meeting compliance requirements.
- 40GbE Capability – Future proofed 40 GbE will meet the bandwidth requirements of even the most intensive data center and network core applications.
- Port Level Network Access Security Features – Secure Access Switch Series devices enable true port level network access security with 802.1X technology, managed centrally from any FortiGate.
- Offering Limited Lifetime Warranty (hardware replacement) - Refer to policy at Fortinet Warranty Policy: http://www.fortinet.com/doc/legal/EULA.pdf