You are here
Thin Wireless Access Points - FortiAP
FortiAP Thin Wireless Access Points provide Integrated, Secure Wireless LAN Access for your Enterprise. Enabling simple, cost-effective Wireless Network Access, FortiAPs are an ideal solution for extending your FortiGate Connected UTM. With models designed for small branch offices, distributed enterprise locations, as well as high-density headquarters, FortiAPs allow you to deploy consistent security policies across both wired and wireless networks.
FortiAP utilizes industry-leading IEEE 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless LAN technology, providing client access in both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrum, with 802.11ac models supporting up to 1,300 Mbps of throughput per radio. In addition to our portfolio of indoor FortiAPs, Fortinet also provides an IP67 rated access point, for harsh outdoor and industrial environments.
With tight integration between the FortiGate Wireless Controllers and the FortiAP Access Points, Fortinet’s award-winning security now easily extends to the wireless LAN. This unique coupling of security and wireless provides complete visibility and control of all clients on the network, including rogue access point detection with PCI compliant reporting capabilities. FortiAP Thin Access Points ultimately reduce network access and security TCO by simplifying the configuration and management of the wireless LAN.
- Wide Range of Models – FortiAP is a family of Indoor, Outdoor and Remote Access Point models. Supporting single, dual, and triple stream MIMO 802.11ac and 802.11n technology, there is a FortiAP model to suit any wireless LAN deployment requirement
- Robust WLAN Security – In addition to the standard WLAN security protection such as WPA™ and WPA2™, 802.11i, WEP, 802.1X, PSK, the FortiAP is tightly integrated with the FortiGate network security platform, providing complete UTM security protection to the wireless LAN
- Centralized Management and Reporting – FortiAPs are managed directly from the familiar FortiGate user interface, providing a true Single Pane of Glass Management across the wired and wireless LAN. FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer are also integrated to provide centralized management and reporting of the entire distributed WLAN environment, with the lowest possible TCO
- Advanced 802.11ac and 802.11n Technology – Wireless LAN rate over range is increased with advanced WLAN features such as; Low-density parity check (LDPC) encoding, Maximum Likelihood Demodulation (MLD) and Maximum Ratio Combining (MRC)
- Sophisticated Traffic Control - Intelligent layer 7 traffic prioritization accelerates business applications and ensures non-business traffic does not impact on your operations.
- Fast Roaming Capability – Users are free to roam between APs in the WiFi network, without losing their connection, enabling VOIP over WLAN operations and other mission critical applications where uninterrupted connectivity is critical.
- Rogue AP Detection Technology – Detecting Rogue APs and malicious WLAN activity to maintain compliance such as PCI is made simple, with built-in Rogue AP Detection technology
Wireless Reporting Samples
Indoor WLAN Access Point FortiAP Series
Indoor WLAN Access Points have been purpose-built to meet the Wireless...
Outdoor WLAN FortiAP Series
Outdoor WLAN Access Points are designed for use in challenging...
Remote WLAN Access Point Series
Remote WLAN Access Points allow you to ship pre-configured WiFi APs to...
Presence Analytics - FortiPresence
The FortiPresence Wireless Retail Analytics solution provides the tools...
WLAN Planning Utility FortiPlanner
FortiPlanner is a graphical Wireless LAN Planning and Post-Deployment...
Power over Ethernet Injector - GPI-115
The GPI-115 single port Power over Ethernet (PoE) Injector offers a...
Directional Outdoor MIMO Antennas - FortiAntennaDirectional Outdoor MIMO Antennas